Reed Smith's private equity team is comprised of over 60 transactional lawyers practicing throughout the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Our team operates as leaders in their local jurisdictions with a global perspective working closely with colleagues skilled in tax, securities, intellectual property, employment and benefits, corporate counsel and compliance, and other areas of law.
Our lawyers ability to operate across our global platform has secured high praise:
- In 2011, we were recognized with the Global Award for "Clients Choice - Illinois Private Equity Law Firm of the Year" by Corporate Intl Magazine.
- In the United States, our team has been distinguished by Legal 500 US 2010 in the private equity industry. The firm's global chair of our Private Equity Group has been noted as a 'highly recommended' mergers and acquisitions lawyer and team leader with 'impressive depth' and a 'highly internationalized' team.
- Recognized in 2011 by French business publication Le Magazine des Affaires, Reed Smith was ranked amongst the top 20 French firms in Smid-Cap Private Equity for 2011. Also in 2011, Reed Smith's Private Equity team in France was ranked in the best five, over 25 selected law firms, in the area amongst the top advisors on Venture, LBO and Expansion Capital Matters with four out of five stars selected by French business publication Option Finance/Option Droit & Affaires, in addition to the 2010 ranking of "4 Stars", by Option Droit & Affaires noting Reed Smith, amongst the top firms specialized in Private Equity in France.
- In Hong Kong our attorneys have been noted for their expertise in asset and corporate finance and have netted a prominent array of private equity and sovereign wealth fund clients according to the Legal 500 Asia/Pacific 2010.
We work to create comprehensive solutions that enable our clients to meet their business goals. We regularly represent private equity firms, hedge funds, venture capital funds, financial institutions, banks, portfolio managers, and equity fund investors-including major pension funds. Our clients also include businesses that attract private equity investment, operating in industry sectors such as:
- Life sciences
- Health care and
- Consumer goods
Our attorneys provide skilled support throughout the life cycle of private investment, including:
- Formation of private equity funds
- Investment transactions
- Portfolio company purchase and sale transactions
- Regulatory compliance
- Acquisition financing transactions
- Corporate counsel and compliance, including governance issues and executive compensation
Our experience extends to all types of private equity transactions, including those involving minority and majority interests, mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, leveraged buyouts, management buyouts, spin-outs, carve-outs, outsourcing, real estate, cross-border transactions, and emerging markets activities.
Reed Smith's global footprint and knowledge of the private equity industry gives us deep insight into our clients' needs, and enables us to deliver high value business results.