Welcome to the second issue of Virginia Financial Institutions. With this publication, our aim is to help keep banks and financial institutions in the Virginia region up-to-date about crucial issues and emerging legal trends.
Reed Smith is recognized nationally for its representations of financial services clients across a wide array of matters. We are regularly on the leading edge of precedent-setting issues, and we understand the continual shifts in the financial services industry. Our geographic presence in Virginia provides us with the distinct ability to tailor our global experience in an effort to provide unparalleled service at national and regional levels. Our offices in Richmond, Falls Church and Washington, D.C., uniquely position us to serve the needs of Virginia-based financial institutions.
We will be publishing further newsletters on a regular basis so please let us know if you would like to see a particular topic covered in a future edition.
In this Issue:
- Virginia Notarization Law Goes Online
- CFPB Proposes Loan Originator Rules
- $2+ Billion and Counting…What OFAC Penalties Mean for Community and Regional Financial Institutions
- New Mortgage Appraisal Rules Proposed
- Third Circuit Rules Against Bank in Cyber Fraud Case Based on Bank’s Deficient Security Procedures
- Alert: Bank ADA ATM Litigation
- Recent Happenings and Highlights
- Fortification of Frontline Financial Services Capabilities in Washington D.C.
- FDIC Advises on Underwriting Standards for Loan Participations
Download the .PDF to learn more.