Sandra is a leader of the private fund formation and counseling practice in the firm's Business & Finance department. She has over 25 years experience in investment management practice.
Sandra counsels hedge and private equity fund advisers in all stages of their business, including fund formation, structuring the manager and its affiliates, adviser registration, compliance program development, compliance training and advice, placement arrangements, marketing, client relations, side letter and seeding arrangements, implementation of liquidity crunch strategies, and day to day trading and operations advice. She has also created vehicles for investment in non-traditional assets such as ships and trade receivables, and advised regarding establishment and restructuring of managed account platforms. Further, she has represented industry clients in connection with investment adviser acquisitions, implementation of prosecutorial settlement agreements, fund governance matters and hedge fund due diligence.
Sandra also has considerable in-house experience in general counsel and chief legal officer roles, advising boards and C-suite officers on matters of consequence, including responses to market timing and other investigations, investor litigation, and responding to fiduciary and auditor independence issues of great significance.
Private Equity/Credit Funds:
- Frontier Resource Group – FRG Partners I
- Astra Natural Resources Fund
- Technology Futures Fund
- Atocha Discovery Fund
- Tamalpais Global Partners Funds
- Quorum Fund Ltd.
- Queen Anne’s Gate Global Macro Funds
- Rockmore Investment Funds
- Niña Fund LP
- Schroder Credit Renaissance Fund LP
- Breeden European Partners (California) LP
Funds of Funds/BDCs:
- Meadowvale Public Markets Funds
- Excelsior Absolute Return and Directional Funds
- Excelsior Venture Funds
- Establishment of PIV structures for private equity shipping investments
- Establishment of hedge fund managed accounts platform
- Establishment of customized investment partnerships
Asset Manager Acquisitions:
- Sale of managed accounts business from Prudential to Wachovia
- Sale of Guidance managed futures funds to William Blair
- Integration of broker managed programs following Citi/Legg Mason transaction