Reed Smith’s Advertising, Technology & Media (ATM) practice provides clients with unparalleled service, experience and advice across these three globally converging sectors. In an evolving online, mobile, and digital environment, we help clients advance their businesses and navigate the growing number of increasingly complex legal issues associated with traditional marketing and promotions, and cutting-edge issues in social media, data privacy, mobile marketing, cloud computing, regulatory compliance and enforcement, intellectual property, collective bargaining, and new technology platforms.
We believe that we are the only firm that can offer to companies operating in the advertising and media sectors a truly global practice with the experience and legal know-how relative to the application of technology across each area. Our strength and breadth enables us to construct premier teams in advertising and marketing, film, television and digital media, and technology-related legal services across the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East, China, Hong Kong and Singapore. Having a cohesive team of lawyers around the world allows us to deliver seamless guidance and the highest-quality legal representation and support in virtually any jurisdiction. We also maintain an extensive network of specialist affiliate counsel throughout the world, which enables our clients to obtain the advice they need, where and when they need it.
Reed Smith acts for many of the largest and most respected advertising, film, television, digital media, music and technology companies, and has been described by clients as being "first rate for media and film work," according to the Legal 500 UK 2012. We represent companies large and small engaged in advertising and marketing activities, including the integration of technology and harnessing social and other forms of media to further business and commercial interests. Our presence in new technology hubs in major cities worldwide means we are equally at home advising start-up entities and individuals, as well as major multinationals. Our attorneys represent brand-name advertisers, advertising agencies and networks, production companies, talent payroll companies, media companies, digital information technology and media companies, publishers, film studios, television networks, cable channels, leading trade associations, authors, and musicians. We also advise some of the world’s most famous artists and celebrities.
Our Advertising, Technology & Media lawyers have received numerous accolades, including:
- Ranked in Tier 1 for Media, Technology and Telecoms: Marketing and Advertising – Legal 500 US 2011-2013
- Ranked in Tier 1 for Advertising Law (Nationwide) – U.S. News – Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" 2013-2014
- Ranked in Band 1 for Media & Entertainment: Film & Television – Chambers UK 2012
- Ranked in Band 1 for Technology, Media and Telecoms: Media and Entertainment – Legal 500 UK 2012
Further, we've been been highly regarded by these prestigious publications:
- "[Reed Smith] maintains a depth of talent across digital concerns, film, TV, advertising and marketing…" – Chambers UK 2013
- "The team’s bandwidth is reflected in its ability to handle a diverse range of regulatory, transactional and litigation work for advertising agencies and global brands…" – Legal 500 US 2012