Chau Ee was called to the English Bar in 1995. Since qualification, he has worked in Singapore and London specialising as a construction and engineering lawyer. He relocated from London to Dubai in early 2006.
He has significant experience in contentious and transactional matters relating to construction and engineering projects across the practice areas of Real Estate, International Arbitration, Energy and Infrastructure, and Projects/Project Finance. He has worked on projects in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, People's Republic of China (including Hong Kong), Taiwan, Oman, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Egypt, Afghanistan and the UK, covering virtually every construction sector.
Besides a law degree, he also has an MSc in Construction Management (Project Management).
Chau Ee is ranked as a leading lawyer in Construction particularly in the area of Construction Dispute Resolution in leading international legal directories such as Chambers Global, which rates him as a "construction specialist" who is "increasingly prominent in the UAE construction sector". He is "recommended" in Construction in Legal 500 Europe Middle East Africa. Chambers Global and Legal 500 Europe Middle East Africa report that:
• he is commended by clients as "very knowledgeable about construction matters, hard-working and able to meet our requirements under tight deadlines"
• clients praise his "attention to detail and great interpersonal skills; he really targets important areas of exposure and comes back with a specific solution"
• clients are "most impressed with the overall high standard of advice" he provides
• he and his team "demonstrates in-depth experience of construction litigation"
• "Peers commend his technical ability and knowledge of the law."