Diverse Scholars Program
The Reed Smith Diverse Scholars Program provides an award in the amount of $20,000 and a summer associate position to two law students who have demonstrated academic excellence and a commitment to diversity and inclusion. The award is to be used to defray necessary expenditures related to the recipient’s legal education and will be paid in addition to the summer associate salary. Summer associate positions in 2016 are available in the following Reed Smith offices: Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Washington, D.C.
- Applicants will be considered under the same high academic standard applied to all summer associate candidates.
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Applicants must accept Reed Smith’s offer to join the 2016 Summer Program following the completion of their second year of law school.
- Applicants must be matriculated at an ABA-accredited law school.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Required Submission Materials
- Completed Application
- Personal Statement (750 words or less)
- Law School Transcript (official or unofficial)
- Legal Writing Sample
- Undergraduate Transcript (official)
- Download a copy of the 2015 Diverse Scholars Application.
- Applications are no longer being accepted for Reed Smith's 2016 Summer Associate Program.
- The subject line should read “Diverse Scholars” and also indicate the Reed Smith office in which you are interested
If you have any questions regarding the Diverse Scholars Program, please contact:
, U.S. Director of Legal Recruiting.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit diversity.reedsmith.com.