Lindsay was Head of the Shipping Group for six years and served in the executive committee for 5 years. He was also responsible the opening of, and the supervision of, the firm's office in Hong Kong.
As well as being named as a "Super Lawyer" for shipping law and named as one the “Best Lawyers – Shipping” in 2013 and 2014, Lindsay has also been nominated as a leading shipping lawyer by Legal 500 and Chambers each year for more than 10 years being described as:
- "Outstanding reputation as a dry shipping expert "- Chambers 2010
- "Nominated as one of the UK's top 20 shipping lawyers" - Legal 500 2009
- "one of the 5 big hitters in shipping arbitration” - Legal Business Arbitration Report 2006
- “hard to beat” and “widely commended for his charterparty and contractual work” - Chambers 2006
His practice includes all aspects of dry shipping law in particular:
- Charterparty disputes, both time charter, voyage charter and contracts of affreightment
- Bill of Lading disputes
- Sale and purchase disputes
- Shipbuilding disputes acting for both Buyers and for yards
- Drafting of long term charterparties, in particular LNG charters
- Drafting and interpretation of Club Rules, and other insurance documents
- War risk insurance
- Marine insurance
Lindsay also regularly lectures on shipping law both in the UK and abroad, having given lectures in the USA, Singapore, Australia, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Qatar, Oman, Dubai, Japan, Holland, Cuba and Germany.