Sarah joined the Energy & Natural Resources Group as an Associate in February 2011, having trained with the firm and worked with the Financial Industry, Shipping, and Transport Finance Groups. Sarah is involved in both transactional and contentious matters concerning the trading, transporting and financing of a wide range of hard and soft commodities.
Contentious and Advisory
- Experience in a range of arbitration institution rules, including LCIA, LMAA, GAFTA and FOSFA.
- Arbitration cases involving a variety of commodities, including grains, oils and feedstuffs.
- Experience in High Court proceedings, including obtaining a worldwide freezing order and appeals against arbitration awards pursuant to the Arbitration Act 1996.
- Advising in relation to the enforcement of arbitration awards.
- Advising in relation to sanctions requirements/restrictions.
- Advising on the Ukrainian and Russian export restrictions, and assisting with the making or defending of claims arising out of the restrictions.
- General advice on other issues commonly arising in sales contracts, including alleged off-specification and/or contaminated cargo, INCOTERM obligations, prohibition, letter-of-credit requirements, demurrage and force majeure.
- Shipping work, including advising on a variety of disputes arising under charterparties, bills of lading and ship building contracts.
- Drafting client-specific amends to the BP General Terms and Conditions for sales and purchases of petroleum products/crude oil.
- Reviewing and advising on various contractual documentation, especially involving coal.
- Drafting client-specific amends to BEEPEEVOY4 and SHELLTIME4 charterparties.
- Negotiating and drafting amends to storage agreements and applicable general terms and conditions of storage.
- Drafting a variety of commercial legal agreements, including parent company guarantees, services agreements, consultancy agreements, non-disclosure agreements and settlement agreements.