Our specialist environmental law team has unrivalled commodities sector regulatory experience.
We advise companies on all aspects of environmental and health & safety compliance throughout the commodities supply chain, from extraction, processing, transport, importation, distribution and use through trading and financing.
We are business-orientated lawyers who devise optimal compliance structures and strategies, help trade environmental compliance instruments, lobby governments for legislative change, and defend against regulatory enforcement.
Among other matters, we specialise in:
- REACH, CLP and other chemicals regulation
- Renewable transport fuel certification
- Renewable Energy Certificates and other energy derivatives
- Classification, labelling and packaging of commodities
- Sustainability and sustainable finance
- Environmental Impact Assessment Licensing and Permitting
- On and offshore pollution liability
- Transboundary Movement of Waste / MARPOL
- Environmental insurance
- Defence of regulatory and third-party actions