Sandra is the Co-Chair of the Private Fund Formation and Counseling practice in the firm's Corporate and Transactional Advisory Group. She has over 25 years of experience in investment management practice, representing investment advisors and institutional investors. Sandra also represents significant government contractors in compliance matters.
Sandra counsels hedge and private equity fund advisers in all stages of their business, including fund formation, structuring the manager and its affiliates, adviser registration, compliance program development, compliance training and advice, placement arrangements, marketing, client relations, side letter and seeding arrangements, implementation of liquidity strategies, and day to day trading and operations advice. She also advises clients acquiring investment in non-traditional assets such as ships and trade receivables, and regarding participation in, establishment or restructuring of managed account programs. Further, she has represented financial industry clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, strategic joint ventures, regulatory examinations, implementation of prosecutorial settlement agreements, governance matters and due diligence.
Sandra also has considerable in-house experience in general counsel and chief legal officer roles, advising boards and C-suite officers on matters of consequence, including responses to government examinations and investigations, investor litigation, and responding to fiduciary and auditor independence issues of great significance. She is a co-Founder and Chair Emeritus of High Water Women Foundation and chaired the HWW Symposium: Investing for Impact, in 2013 and 2014.
Private Equity/Credit Funds:
- Frontier Resource Group – FRG Partners I
- Astra Natural Resources Fund
- Technology Futures Fund
- Atocha Discovery Fund
- Tamalpais Global Partners Funds
- Quorum Fund Ltd.
- Queen Anne’s Gate Global Macro Funds
- Rockmore Investment Funds
- Niña Fund LP
- Schroder Credit Renaissance Fund LP
- Breeden European Partners (California) LP
- Touradji Capital Management
- Blue Ridge Capital
Funds of Funds/BDCs:
- Meadowvale Public Markets Funds
- Excelsior Absolute Return and Directional Funds
- Excelsior Venture Funds
- Pru Alpha Funds
- Establishment of PIV structures for private equity shipping investments
- Establishment of hedge fund managed accounts platform
- Establishment of customized investment partnerships
- RD Legal Capital Funds and SPVs for litigation judgment investments
- Oak Run Capital Funds for trade receivables investments
Asset Manager Acquisitions:
- Sale of managed accounts business from Prudential to Wachovia
- Sale of Guidance managed futures funds to William Blair
- Integration of broker managed programs following Citi/Legg Mason transaction