The training covers the full spectrum of export control issues that educational institutions face in 2018, and covers practical information for compliance personnel, professors, researchers and counsel. The presentation uses numerous real-life examples to demonstrate the practical impact of export controls and sanctions within your organization.
- Overview of U.S. export control laws and regulations (EAR-ITAR-OFAC sanctions/embargos)
- Exemptions for educational institutions (The fundamental research exception and information in the public domain)
- Understanding deemed export licensing / foreign national enrollment and hiring / I-129 requirements
- Sponsored Research – What you need to know
- Key enforcement actions impacting educational institutions
- Recent changes under the Trump Administration
- Best practices for compliant institutions