One year in, we are pleased to introduce enhancements to our Associate Life initiative:
- A “true-up” policy to compensate part-time lawyers who work billable hours in excess of their reduced hours arrangements up to 100% of their FTE.
- An extension to our “ramp-up” policy to include “ramp-down” time to aid in the transition of winding down before a leave and stepping back into work following a leave.
- Increased opportunities for associates to develop their capabilities, including certification in a variety of technology and business areas.
- Enhancements to the associate feedback app to include year-end summary feedback.
- Other changes including re-establishment of our “business of law” program, a heightened focus on integrating lateral associates into both the business and the culture of the firm, enhanced programming in our Wellness Works initiative, and opportunities for firmwide associate recognition.
“We built the Associate Life program to grow and change as we learned more about associates’ needs and as the industry evolves. The new wave of improvements reflects the continuous feedback we have received from our Associates Committee. The firm is absolutely committed to investing in our people. Through Associate Life, we want to give our associates the best experience so they can grow their careers, wherever they go.”
— Sandy Thomas, Global Managing Partner