Vanessa is an experienced litigator who focuses her practice on intellectual property disputes involving false advertising, trademark infringement, and unfair competition under the Lanham Act and state laws; patent infringement; and trade secrets. Her matters have involved consumer products such as power tools, mattresses, appliances, real estate services, and videogame software, as well as industry products such as specialized accounting software and mechanical gaskets.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 2004, J.D., cum laude, Articles Editor; Georgetown Immigration Law Journal (2003-2004)
First Place, Mid-Atlantic Regional Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition (2003)
Finalist, Robert J. Beaudry Moot Court Competition (2002)
- Emory University, 1999, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Seventh Circuit
- Member, American Bar Association
- Vanessa was selected in 2011 as an Illinois Rising Star, General Litigation