Winston is a partner in Reed Smith’s London office and co-leads the London Investment Funds practice.
Winston’s practice and the London Investment Funds team focus on three broad areas:
- Acting for General Partners: The establishment of investment managers, manager joint ventures and the formation of investment funds and co-investment vehicles;
- Representing Institutional Investors: In connection with their fund allocations, co-investments, funds of one structures and bespoke arrangements; and
- Advising both investment managers and institutional investors: On non-structured discretionary investment management arrangements, including agreements underpinning those arrangements.
- BPP Law School, London, UK, 2003, LPC, (Distinction)
- BPP Law School, London, UK, 2001, Postgraduate Diploma in Law
- University of South Africa, 1995, LL.B., (Post-Graduate Bachelor of Laws)
- University of South Africa, 1993, Bachelor of Law
- England und Wales
- Listed as Highly Regarded in IFLR1000 Global for UK Hedge funds, 2020
- 16 March 2018 'Annual Buyout Review: Lower-mid-market momentum lifts dealflow' Unquote