Event Type: Webinar
- Start Date/Time:
- 17 February 2015, 12:00 PM ET
- End Date/Time:
- 17 February 2015, 1:00 PM ET
February 26, 2015 (12:00 p.m. ET // 9:00 a.m. PT)
The NLRB's recent actions have changed the labor landscape for non-union employers. The Board's "quickie" election rule, set to go into effect April 14, 2015, will dramatically shrink the period of time employers have to respond to union organizing. And as a result of the NLRB's recent decision in Purple Communications, employees may now usurp employer email systems for non-work-related communications.
In this webinar, attorneys from Reed Smith's Labor & Employment Group will discuss practical steps that employers can take to protect themselves in the wake of the NLRB's rulings.
- Understanding the threat to non-unionized workplaces
- Re-writing email and electronic use policies in light of Purple Communications
- Developing a union avoidance strategy before an election petition is filed
Click here to watch a recording of the webinar. Please note, you will need to register to watch the webinar.