Event Type: Seminar, Webinar
Please join Reed Smith LLP and BowerGroupAsia for a high-level CLE conference in New York regarding the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and its expected impact on global trade.
Agreed to by its twelve member states in early October 2015 and published just last month, the TPP will reduce or eliminate more than 18,000 tariffs and other trade barriers covering products across an array of industries, including the automotive, agricultural, chemical, consumer goods, technology and machinery sectors. The agreement also includes provisions governing intellectual property and investor protection with state-owned enterprises that will level the playing field for businesses operating in TPP countries.
This program will provide guidance on the TPP's key provisions, as well as how to navigate the TPP framework. Presenters will also discuss both the geopolitical implications of the deal and next steps for its implementation. The program is designed for senior-level global business leaders and corporate counsel who seek an in-depth understanding of this groundbreaking agreement.
Participating Presenters Include:
- H.E. Ashok Mirpuri, Singapore's Ambassador to the United States of America
- Barbara Weisel, Assistant U.S. Trade Representative for Southeast Asia and the Pacific
- David Adelman, Partner, Reed Smith LLP and Former United States Ambassador to Singapore
- Ernie Bower, President & CEO, BowerGroupAsia
- John Donohue, Counsel, Reed Smith LLP
- Belinda Paisley, Partner, Reed Smith LLP
Date / Time:
29 February 2016 / 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
For anyone unable to attend the presentation in New York, the program will be broadcast live via webinar.