Event Type: Seminar, CLE / CPD
This year's program features:
- A discussion of current technology policy and possible impacts under a Trump administration
- Advanced licensing and service agreements—understanding key terms, practical negotiation and drafting strategies, and perspectives from the federal bench
- Negotiating open source warranties and indemnities
- GDPR Readiness in 2017
- A look at the current cyber threat landscape and emerging issues for executive officers and board members
- Innovative Approaches to Protecting IP in the Technology Sector
- Programmable Money and the Future of Contracts
- Key issues in technology M&A: the influence of activist shareholders, and navigating due diligence in technology transactions
- Immigration Update: Trump-Era Policies and Impacts on the Technology Sector
- A panel of U.S. District Court Judges discussing current issues in technology law and best practices as they occur in federal litigation
- 3.00 hours of Ethics, including a presentation on Technology’s Disruption of the Legal Profession
- Multiple opportunities for networking, including Thursday Evening Reception for all attendees
Join Reed Smith partner Bart Huffman for his panel entitled "Cyber Security Governance—Addressing Emerging Expectations." Explore the threat landscape as pertinent to an executive officer and/or board of directors, including the questions that should be asked in light of what applicable regulating bodies are expecting. Discuss how legal and industry requirements and guidance may be used to promote a cultural shift towards data protection, which has become increasingly important both in the US and abroad.
For more information, visit utcle.org.