June 15, 2015 – Reed Smith LLP today announced Legal 500 United States has ranked the firm in 30 practice areas, and named six of its attorneys “Leading Lawyers,” all of whom were similarly honored last year.
The firm’s Litigation: product liability and mass tort defense: pharmaceuticals and medical devices practice; and its Media, technology and telecoms: marketing and advertising practice were recognized as Tier 1.
Other Reed Smith practices ranked for 2015 by Legal 500 United States were:
- Antitrust: civil litigation/class actions
- Energy: litigation
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactions
- Finance: capital markets: equity offerings-advice to issuers
- Finance: capital markets: equity offerings-advice to managers
- Finance: corporate restructuring (including bankruptcy)
- Finance: municipal bankruptcy
- Finance: not-for-profit (nonprofit and tax exempt organizations)
- Government: government contracts
- Healthcare: health insurers
- Healthcare: life sciences
- Healthcare: service providers
- Insurance: advice to policyholders
- Labor and employment: labor and employment litigation
- Labor and employment: labor-management relations
- Litigation: commercial litigation
- Litigation: product liability and mass tort defense: aerospace/aviation
- Litigation: product liability and mass tort defense: toxic tort
- Litigation: Supreme Court and appellate-appellate
- M&A: Corporate and commercial: M&A litigation: defense
- M&A: Corporate and commercial: M&A middle market ($500m-999m)
- M&A: Corporate and commercial: Venture capital and emerging companies
- Media, technology and telecoms: technology: transactions
- Media, technology and telecoms: technology: data protection and privacy
- Real estate and construction: construction
- Real estate and construction: real estate
- Tax: tax controversy.
The publication named the following among the year’s “Leading Lawyers”:
- Carol Loepere in Healthcare: service providers
- John Shugrue in Insurance: advice to policyholders
- John Vishneski in Insurance: advice to policyholders
- Patrick Bradley in Litigation: product liability and mass tort defense: aerospace/aviation
- Michael K. Brown in Litigation: product liability and mass tort defense: pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Douglas Wood in Media, technology and telecoms: marketing and advertising.
Overall, the editorial sections of the Legal 500 United States 2015 mentioned 102 Reed Smith lawyers favorably by name.
About Reed Smith
Reed Smith is a global relationship law firm with more than 1,800 lawyers in 26 offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Founded in 1877, the firm represents leading international businesses, from Fortune 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises. Its lawyers provide litigation and other dispute resolution services in multi-jurisdictional and other high-stakes matters; deliver regulatory counsel; and execute the full range of strategic domestic and cross-border transactions. Reed Smith is a preeminent advisor to industries including financial services, life sciences, health care, advertising, entertainment and media, shipping and transport, energy and natural resources, real estate, manufacturing and technology, and education. For more information, visit reedsmith.com.
U.S.: Century City, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Northern Virginia, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Princeton, Richmond, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Washington, D.C., Wilmington
Europe: Athens, Frankfurt, London, Munich, Paris
Middle East: Abu Dhabi, Dubai
Asia: Beijing, Hong Kong, Kazakhstan, Shanghai, Singapore