Global law firm Reed Smith has today launched its Responsible Business Report 2014/15 for Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
2014, saw a focus on expanding the Responsible Business programme across the firm’s global network, strengthening existing relationships and building new ones. The Report details a number of key highlights from last year that demonstrate Reed Smith’s continued commitment to supporting its communities.
Achievements from 2014 include:
- Almost 40% of the London office took part in volunteering
- Ranked 1st for pro bono hours in UAE, according to TrustLaw Global index
- 100% of London trainees undertook pro bono work, for fourth year running
- Nearly 20% of successful training contract applicants were disabled candidates
- 10% increase in candidates from BAME backgrounds on the vacation scheme
- 50% reduction in general waste since 2013
The firm has rebranded its programme from ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ to ‘Responsible Business’. This is to reflect how the programme promotes workplace and ethical business standards and environmental initiatives, as well as pro bono and volunteering.
Michael Skrein, Reed Smith Responsible Business Partner EMEA, commented:
“We call our programme ‘Responsible Business’ so as to convey how our initiatives and values sit at the core of the firm’s business practices and strategy. We are determined to remind ourselves and the world at large of our ethical responsibility to all of our key stakeholders: the communities in which we work, our personnel, our clients and the environment.”
Read the full Report here.
Note to Editors:
About Reed Smith
Reed Smith is a global relationship law firm, with more than 1,900 lawyers in 25 offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the United States.
For further information, please visit www.reedsmith.com or contact Andrew Darby (Senior Corporate Communications Executive EME) on +44 (0)20 3116 3795