Type: News Releases, Diversity & Inclusion
Global law firm Reed Smith has today launched its Responsible Business Report 2015/16 for Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
The unified Responsible Business programme encompasses the firm’s environmental initiatives, community and pro bono work, and how we support and develop our people and recruit a diverse workforce.
In the last year, the programme has focused on strengthening partnerships and building new relationships to expand the programme across EMEA.
Achievements from 2015 include:
- Winner of seven awards for our disability programme
- Our Social Impact Finance Group advised on the world’s first-ever development impact bond, to raise funds to support the work of ‘Educate Girls’
- 100% of London trainees undertook pro bono work, for the fifth year running
- PRISM, our LGBT network, recognised as a ‘highly commended network’ in the Stonewall Work Equality Index
- 88% waste recycled in 2015 – up 15.7% on 2014
- Launched our Multicultural Network, an employee affinity network to celebrate multiculturalism
Last year, the firm rebranded its programme from ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ to ‘Responsible Business’. This is to reflect how the programme promotes workplace and ethical business standards and environmental initiatives, as well as pro bono and volunteering.
Read the full report here.
Note to editors:
About Reed Smith
Reed Smith is a global relationship law firm, with more than 1,900 lawyers in 25 offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the United States.
For further information, please visit www.reedsmith.com or contact Jeyda Star (Senior PR and Communications Manager) on +44 (0)20 3116 2571