The Standards of Conduct say that companies should:
- Respect human rights of LGBTI workers and community members;
- Eliminate discrimination against LGBTI employees in the workplace;
- Support LBGTI staff at work;
- Not discriminate against LGBTI customers, suppliers, and distributors – and insist their business partners do the same; and
- Stand up for human rights of LGBTI people in the communities where they do business.
“Reed Smith is a leader in diversity and inclusion, and that leadership is evident in its support of its LGBT+ employees and the larger LGBT+ community. At Reed Smith, we work every day to ensure that every member of our team feels comfortable bringing their authentic self into the workplace,” said Alan York, partner and global chair of PRISM (Pride, Respect, and Inclusion Simply Matter), Reed Smith’s LGBT+ Business inclusion Group. “We also work to advance LGBT+ rights in our communities worldwide. We are proud to support the United Nations Global LGBTI Standards of Conduct, as they reflect how we do business every day.”
For more information on the United Nations Global LGBTI Standards of Conduct, please visit unfe.org.