Reed Smith has been shortlisted in the following categories:
- Innovative leader – Highlighting the leadership of Reed Smith’s global managing partner, Sandy Thomas, and the firm’s renowned culture of innovation.
- Innovation in ESG – Highlighting the firm’s global ESG practice and its recent work in cutting-edge energy transition and social impact investing projects.
- Innovation in people and skills management – Highlighting the Women’s Initiative Network at Reed Smith, aka “WINRS,” and its leader, partner Cristina Shea, for creating the firm’s Mastermind professional training and sponsorship program.
- Innovation in reinventing legal practice – Highlighting partner Ben Koplin and how the firm’s evolving data forensics and analysis solution delivers stronger defenses, lasting risk solutions, and successful settlements in long-running investigations and disputes.
- Innovation in responsible business – Highlighting Reed Smith's Global Environmental Sustainability Plan 2024, which includes a sustainability billable-hours policy that may be the first of its kind among global law firms.
Winners of these categories and additional honors will be announced at the FT’s upcoming awards event in New York on the evening of December 5, and in its annual report and roundtable on December 6.