Tarek is an international partner in Reed Smith’s global Energy and Natural Resources group. Over the last 16 years at the firm, Tarek has accumulated major project experience in the energy industry. He has represented contractors, owners, developers, equipment suppliers, engineers, and architects in both public and private projects, including power plants, pipelines, and other energy infrastructure. He also has considerable experience with matters involving diverse projects such as municipal infrastructure, roads, bridges, schools, steel mills, water treatment facilities and commercial developments. On the dispute side, he has handled cases throughout the United States, in Europe, and in the Middle East. He has handled arbitrations on construction and other matters before the International Chamber of Commerce, the Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation, and Arbitration Centre, the Dubai International Arbitration Centre, the London Court of International Arbitration, the International Centre for Dispute Resolution, and the American Arbitration Association, as well as under other regimes.
- Recognized in Legal 500 2017 (Construction Law, USA)
- West Virginia University College of Law, 1990, J.D., Lead Articles Editor of the West Virginia Law Review; Elected to the Order of the Barristers for excellence in trial advocacy
- Duke University, 1987, B.A.
- West Virginia
- American Chamber of Commerce-Abu Dhabi – Vice President of Legal Affairs and Board Member
- Contractors Association of West Virginia
- Contractors Association of Western Pennsylvania
- Master Builders Association