Roy is a partner in the Complex Litigation Group and co-head of the firm's Class Action defense team, practicing in the areas of Class Action Defense, Financial Services Litigation, and Mergers & Acquisitions/Securities Litigation. Roy has more than 20 years of broad experience representing and counseling clients faced with alleged class action and derivative lawsuits as well as other complex litigation, including internal and regulatory investigations. His clients have spanned diverse industries, including financial services, securities, retail, hotel/resorts, natural resources, and technology/software. He has successfully defended and resolved a variety of significant cases brought against banks and financial services companies involving residential mortgage lending, loan servicing, consumer banking, syndicated lending, mortgage backed securities, securitizations and various secondary market issues. He has extensive experience defending all types of claims in these areas, including statutory claims brought under the RESPA, TILA, HOEPA, FDCPA, FCRA, civil RICO, state high cost and second mortgage loan statutes, and state consumer protection statutes.
- Recognized by The Legal 500 United States in 2015 in the field of M&A Litigation Defense
- Received AV rating (highest for professional ethics and legal ability) from Martindale-Hubbell, an objective peer review rating system for attorneys
- Selected as Pennsylvania Rising Star – Class Actions (2005, 2006, 2007)
- Selected as one of "10 Under 40" securities litigators by Securities Law 360
- Selected as "Lawyer on the Fast Track," an award bestowed on 35 Pennsylvania lawyers by American Lawyer Media based upon panel of judges' selection from peer nominations