Sara, a partner in our Life Sciences Health Industry Group, is a trial-tested litigator. She focuses her practice on health care fraud and abuse matters and counsels her clients in litigation, internal and government investigations, and regulatory enforcement matters. Sara represents health care systems, medical device companies, retail pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, universities, and government defense contractors.
Sara has particular experience in handling litigation involving the federal False Claims Act and its state law corollaries, including qui tam cases, and related regulatory and administrative matters. She has successfully represented her clients in a wide variety of investigations and disputes involving the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute, Medicare and Medicaid billing requirements, pharmacy discount programs and drug pricing, and claims related to Medicaid supplemental payment programs.
- University of Houston Law Center, 2009, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Barristers, Order of the Barons
- University of Houston, 2009, M.B.A.
- Baylor University, 2003, B.A., magna cum laude
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Leadership Council, Health Law Section
- Campaign for the Homeless Committee, Member
- Law Week Committee, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Greater Houston Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Junior League of Houston, Former Member
- Head Active, Tea Room Front Office and Pantry
- St. Andrew's School of Fine Arts, Board Member
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Active Member and Elder
- Stephen Minister, Trained Volunteer