Sara represents health care providers and other clients in litigation and investigations, with a particular focus on those that arise under the False Claims Act. Clients describe her as “an excellent litigator,” “knowledgeable, highly organized” and able to “come up with creative ideas to problem solve.” She has represented her clients in qui tam cases involving the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute, Medicare billing and payment issues, claims related to Medicaid supplemental payment programs, pharmacy discount programs and drug pricing, university grant requirements, and government contracting regulations. Sara’s clients include hospital systems, academic medical centers, medical device companies, retail pharmacies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, universities, and defense contractors.
An experienced litigator, Sara has also represented her clients in antitrust matters, securities investigations and litigation, complex contract and business torts disputes, pharmaceutical and medical device products liability litigation, and medical malpractice litigation. She represents clients across the country and has handled matters in federal court, state court, and administrative proceedings.
- University of Houston Law Center, 2009, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Barristers, Order of the Barons
- University of Houston, 2009, M.B.A.
- Baylor University, 2003, B.A., magna cum laude
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Health Law Section, Chair, 2021-2022
- Campaign for the Homeless Committee, Former Member
- Law Week Committee, Former Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Greater Houston Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Health Care Law, 2021-2022
- Group Ranked Band 4 in Chambers USA for Texas Healthcare, 2021
- Ranked in Chambers USA for Texas Healthcare, 2021