Sara represents health care providers and other clients in litigation and investigations, with a particular focus on those that arise under the False Claims Act. She has represented her clients in qui tam cases involving the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute, Medicare billing and payment issues, claims related to Medicaid supplemental payment programs, pharmacy discount programs and drug pricing, university grant requirements, and government contracting regulations. Sara’s clients include hospital systems, academic medical centers, medical device companies, retail pharmacies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, universities, and defense contractors.
An experienced litigator, Sara has also represented her clients in antitrust matters, securities investigations and litigation, complex contract and business torts disputes, pharmaceutical and medical device products liability litigation, and medical malpractice litigation. She represents clients across the country and has handled matters in federal court, state court, and administrative proceedings.
- University of Houston Law Center, 2009, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Barristers, Order of the Barons
- University of Houston, 2009, M.B.A.
- Baylor University, 2003, B.A., magna cum laude
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Leadership Council, Health Law Section, Chair-Elect
- Campaign for the Homeless Committee, Member
- Law Week Committee, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Greater Houston Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Junior League of Houston, Former Member
- Head Active, Tea Room Front Office and Pantry
- St. Andrew's School of Fine Arts, Board Member
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Active Member and Elder
- Stephen Minister, Trained Volunteer