Alejo is an associate in our Global Regulatory Enforcement Group in the New York office. Prior to joining Reed Smith, Alejo was a Principal at Promontory Financial Group, as well as an associate at Hughes Hubbard & Reed. He has a wide array of experience including securities litigation, commercial litigation, financial regulatory advisory, and white collar defense and investigations.
- Columbia Law School, 2014, J.D., Columbia Journal of Tax Law, Columbia Society of International Law (Board Member), Latin American Law Students Association, Wolfgang Friedman Conference on International Law (Chair)
- Dartmouth College, 2008, B.A., Government 2008, State Politics and Policy Quarterly, Student Editor; Dartmouth Independent, International Affairs Editor
- New York
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Second Circuit
- Serves on the Public Service Committee of the Federal Bar Council.
- Awarded Reynolds Fellowship by Dartmouth College to study Slovenia’s transition from communism (as part of the former Yugoslavia) to democracy and market capitalism.