Joel is an experienced mariner and associate with more than ten years of sea-going experience on a variety of vessels. He handles all types of disputes arising out of marine casualties (both wet and dry), with a primary focus on marine and offshore casualty response.
- University of Southampton, 2017, Maritime Law Short Course
- Australian National University, 2014, GDLP
- Charles Darwin University, 2013, LL.B., First Class Honors, Attorney-General's Medalist
- University of New South Wales, Australia, 2004, B.A., Australian Defence Force Academy
- Supreme Court - Western Australia
- High Court - Australia