Mitchell's practice focuses primarily on debt finance transactions as well as mergers and acquisitions and general corporate representation. Mitchell has substantial experience in a wide range of secured and unsecured debt financings in the middle market, including senior, mezzanine, second lien and subordinated debt, convertible debt and other forms of private credit and junior capital finance. He represents borrowers, issuers and institutional and investment fund lenders in all types of debt finance transactions, including restructurings. He also advises both acquirors and sellers in various negotiated acquisition and divestiture transactions involving equity and assets.
- Columbia University School of Law, 1988, J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University, 1983, M.A.L.D.
- Occidental College, 1980, A.B., Diplomacy and World Affairs, with an emphasis in Economics
- Member, Business Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Business and Corporations Law Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Selected as a top lawyer in The Legal 500 in the area of mergers & acquisition (2019)