Patty concentrates her practice on corporate governance and compliance, corporate finance and transactional matters, with a focus on representing energy industry clients. She handles matters such as structured commercial transactions, corporate governance and compliance policy development, debt financing, derivatives and M&A transactions, including acquisition of energy contract portfolios. In recent years, Patty has also represented energy and utility clients, as well as other commercial enterprises, in connection with evaluating the impact of the Dodd-Frank Act and related Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and banking regulations affecting business operations, transactions and corporate development strategies. Patty has extensive experience representing lenders and borrowers, buyers, sellers and investors, and working in a wide variety of regulated and unregulated industries, which gives her the perspective to focus on important negotiating points and practical implementation strategies to achieve the client's objectives.
- Named an “Energy & Environmental Trailblazer” by The National Law Journal (2016)
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Leading Lawyer - Energy & Natural Resources
- Chambers USA - Band 1 in Energy and Natural Resources - Transactional (Illinois)
- Illinois Super Lawyers, Securities & Corporate Finance
- Illinois Leading Lawyers Network, Leading Lawyer - Corporate Finance Law; Public Utilities Law
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating - Martindale-Hubbell