Harrison is a partner in the Century City office. For more than 25 years, his practice has focused on resolving copyright, idea submission, trademark, licensing, false advertising, right of publicity, profit participation, and other complex disputes in state and federal court and arbitration proceedings for major and “mini major” studios, production companies, distributors, content owners and other institutional motion picture and television industry clients. Harrison also has vast experience counseling and protecting Internet-based news and blog sites in connection with First Amendment issues and copyright, invasion of privacy and defamation claims, litigating trade secrets and other business disputes, and representing creditors in judgment enforcement, adversary bankruptcy proceedings and related actions.
- Boston University School of Law, 1986, J.D.
- University of Michigan, 1982, B.G.S.
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Central District of California
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Florida
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Law 360 Media & Entertainment Editorial Board (2017)
Awards & Recognition
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television, 2023
- Listed Southern California Super Lawyers (2006-2010, 2014-2018)
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States 2013 in the area of Media, technology and telecoms - Marketing and advertising