Maria advises and represents financial services companies in enforcement, examination, litigation, transactional and counseling matters. She is a former Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) enforcement attorney with wide-ranging knowledge of federal and state consumer financial laws. Maria leverages her experience to help companies navigate the complex and unique issues that often arise when interfacing with the CFPB and other financial regulators.
- 2017 Housingwire Rising Star
- 11 October 2016 "Consumer Watchdog Setup Is Unconstitutional" U.S. News and World Report
- 2 March 2015 "Judge Dismisses Plaintiffs' Payday Loan Suit Against BofA" New York Law Journal
- The George Washington University Law School, 2002, J.D.
- Northwestern University, 1998, B.A., Psychology
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. District Court - District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court - District of Maryland
- Honorable Raymond L. Jackson, U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Virginia