Ariel is counsel in the Energy & Natural Resources Group and focuses her practice in the areas of general regulatory and commercial litigation, energy litigation, and oil and gas law. In particular, Ariel has significant experience in resolving contract and lease disputes, dormant mineral act claims, environmental issues, and real estate and land use issues. She also handles pipeline issues, including condemnations, encroachments, and negotiation and preparation of pipeline right-of-way and easement agreements. Ariel has represented clients in the energy sector and oil and gas industry, including natural gas exploration and production companies, public utilities, and pipeline companies. She has practiced in both federal and state courts throughout Pennsylvania and Ohio, and has experience taking and defending depositions; drafting and responding to discovery and managing discovery projects; drafting and arguing discovery and dispositive motions; and engaging in settlement negotiations, mediation, and arbitration.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2009, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif; University of Pittsburgh Law Review – Managing Editor; Teaching Assistant, Legal Research and Writing; W. Edward Sell Award in Business Organizations; CALI Award in Lawyering Process III; Dean's Scholarship; Cohen & Grigsby Fellowship (2007); Study Abroad: University of Edinburgh School of Law, Edinburgh, Scotland (Fall 2007)
- Colorado College, 2004, B.A., Comparative Literature, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa; Departmental Award for Excellence in Comparative Literature
- State Supreme Court - Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Chief Judge Gary L. Lancaster (deceased), U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania