Ariel is counsel in the Energy & Natural Resources Group and focuses her practice in the areas of general regulatory and commercial litigation, with a focus on energy litigation and oil and gas law. In particular, Ariel has significant experience in resolving complex commercial disputes, including contract and lease disputes, title disputes, statutory claims, condemnation litigation, encroachments, and real estate and municipal issues. Ariel has represented clients in the energy sector and oil and gas industry, including natural gas exploration and production companies, natural gas storage and transmission companies, and public utilities, in state and federal trial and appellate courts throughout Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia. In the appellate sphere, Ariel has assisted in drafting briefs leading to successful decisions in the Pennsylvania Superior Court, numerous Ohio District Courts of Appeals, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2009, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif; University of Pittsburgh Law Review – Managing Editor; Teaching Assistant, Legal Research and Writing; W. Edward Sell Award in Business Organizations; CALI Award in Lawyering Process III; Dean's Scholarship; Cohen & Grigsby Fellowship (2007); Study Abroad: University of Edinburgh School of Law, Edinburgh, Scotland (Fall 2007)
- Colorado College, 2004, B.A., Comparative Literature, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa; Departmental Award for Excellence in Comparative Literature
- State Supreme Court - Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Chief Judge Gary L. Lancaster (deceased), U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania