Pat's practice focuses on transactions involving the federal and state securities laws (including public and private offerings of equity and debt, Rule 144 stock and compliance work for public companies under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934), on mergers and acquisitions, on representing start-up technology companies and on general corporate work. He has represented both issuers and underwriters in public offerings, completing four offerings aggregating more than $300 million. Pat has worked extensively with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the Dodd-Frank Act and in implementing corporate governance procedures to comply with the Acts and related rules. He has made presentations to, and advised the boards of directors and board committees of, multiple public companies. He also has considerable experience in advising public companies about reporting and liability issues under the short-swing profit recovery provisions of Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act and has written compliance programs for a number of public companies. He is also experienced in securities offerings in connection with stock incentive plans and other employee stock benefit programs.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1984, J.D., magna cum laude, Member of the Order of the Coif; Graduated in top five percent of class; Honored with the Oscar Milton Davis Prize (highest grades in third year) and the Gordon A. Block Award (Wills and Future Interests)
- University of Pittsburgh, 1981, B.A., Political Science, and Rhetoric and Communications, summa cum laude, Elected to Phi Beta Kappa; University Scholar (top two percent of his class)
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association – Member of the In-House Counsel Committee
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals