Matt is a partner in the IP, Tech & Data Group. Matt is a registered patent attorney who assists clients in patent preparation and prosecution, patent portfolio management and development, patent litigation including proceedings at the United States Patent and Trademark Office, due diligence, licensing, and product clearance. Matt serves clients in a variety of industries, including pharmaceutical, biotech, energy, and medical device. He has a broad range of technical knowledge and experience in the life sciences, and has co-authored several scientific articles and made numerous presentations at local, national and international symposiums on topics such as epigenetics, cell signaling, transcriptional regulation, neuroendocrine stress pathways, and gastroenterology. Matt has been included in the Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers in Oklahoma and Texas. He is also member of Reed Smith's cross-disciplinary 3D printing team.
- University of Oklahoma, 2009, J.D.
- University of Oklahoma, 2007, Ph.D., Cell Biology
- Oklahoma Christian University, 1999, Biology/Pre-Med, magna cum laude
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Texas
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Selected to the Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for Intellectual Property, 2017-2019
- Board of Trustees for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Gulf Coast Chapter)