Sonya counsels clients on a wide range of labor and employment matters, including, but not limited to, wage and hour class actions, FEHA claims, and whistleblower claims in federal and state court, as well as arbitration. Sonya has defended employers in state and federal court against allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, defamation, and intentional infliction of emotional distress. She prepares responses to EEOC and DFEH administrative charges and has also represented employers in wage disputes involving the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 2011, J.D., Women’s Law Journal, Senior Managing Editor (2009-10)
- University of California, San Diego, 2008, B.A., History and International Studies, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court - Central District of California
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) - Labor and Employment Law Section, Member