Laura advises on a wide range of direct and indirect tax matters, with a focus on corporate tax and employee incentives.
She has experience advising on UK and cross border mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganisations, corporate finance transactions and tax disputes. She has particular experience advising private equity houses and management teams.
Laura also has significant experience advising on UK and cross border employment tax and social security issues as well as UK and international incentive arrangements.
Laura is the current Vice-Chair of the Foreign Lawyers Forum Committee of the American Bar Association’s Section of Taxation. She is also a member of the Association of Tax Technicians.
Laura speaks regularly at conferences on corporate tax and employee incentivisation matters. Recent engagements include:
- “Employment, Real Estate and VAT update’” at the Transatlantic Tax Group’s Finance Bill 2017 Seminar
- Speaking about UK and EU corporate tax developments on the Joint Current International Development Panel at the ABA Section of Taxation Annual Meeting in Washington DC
- “BEPS is a Big One for the Big Ones” at the ABA Section of Taxation Mid-year Meeting in Houston – speaking about the UK’s Diverted Profits Tax and Patent Box regimes
- “OECD BEPS Report – Industry and Practitioners Response” at the ABA Section of Taxation Annual Meeting in Washington DC
- “Transparency and enhanced mutual assistance in tax matters: is the tax environment really changing?” at the International Bar Association Young Lawyers Conference, Paris
- “Management Incentive Arrangements in Private Equity Portfolio Companies” to the Share Plan Lawyers Group
- ‘'Private company share plans – innovative solutions and key tax and legal issues from the other side of the pond” at the GEO annual conference in Washington DC
- ‘'Carried interest and co-investment structuring” at an IBC conference in London