Richard’s practice focuses on intellectual property and complex commercial litigation, representing clients in trials, arbitrations and mediations throughout the United States. In addition to his litigation practice, Richard regularly drafts and prosecutions patents, advises clients in mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, private equity transactions, financing transactions with a focus on IP, including software, patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and trade dress. Richard regularly advises clients on issues arising in artificial intelligence and machine learning, software licensing, software development agreements, open source issues, data privacy, patent and copyright licensing, and conflict resolution in connection with domain names and other e-commerce related issues.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2014, J.D.
- University of Pittsburgh, 2007, B.S.
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© "Ones to Watch" list for Intellectual Property Law, 2021