Seth is a partner in Reed Smith's Chicago office. Seth has more than twenty-five years of experience in Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Capital Markets transactions. He has acted as counsel to private equity funds, their portfolio companies, strategic acquirors, entrepreneurs and other investor groups in connection with in excess of 150 mergers, acquisitions and divestitures in a variety of industries including business services, technology, health care, education, chemicals, building products, branded consumer products, food and defense contracting. Seth regularly acts as outside general counsel for a variety of clients. He has also represented a number of technology and other entrepreneurial companies in connection with capital raises, securities matters, corporate finance matters, licensing arrangements, development agreements and joint ventures. For the past ten consecutive years, Seth has been recognized by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business as one of the leading Corporate/ M&A lawyers in the United States. Chambers USA states "Seth Hemming comes recommended for his work on complex M&A and private equity matters, bringing expertise in a number of areas including healthcare, technology and business services. Clients praise him for his negotiating style, where 'he's not trying to win the argument all the time; he's trying to get the best solution for his client.'"
- Recognized by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business as one of the Leading Corporate/ M&A Lawyers in the United States, 2008 - 2017
- Recommended in the 2013 edition of Legal 500 United States for Middle Market Mergers & Acquisitions
- Recognized as Super Lawyer by Illinois Super Lawyers magazine, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 1985, J.D., cum laude, Executive Editor, Loyola University Chicago Law Journal
- University of Illinois, 1982, B.S., with honors