John is Reed Smith’s Global Chair, Diversity & Inclusion. In this role, he acts as a change agent for Reed Smith’s efforts to sponsor and achieve diversity and inclusion in the legal community. He is a member of the firm’s Global Leadership Team and an ex-officio member of the Talent Committee of the firm’s Executive Committee.
- University of Southern California Law School, 1987, J.D.
- Pomona College, 1984, B.A., Economics
- Named, Top 500 Most Influential People in LA, Los Angeles Business Journal (2018)
- Presidents' Award, USC Alumni Association (2017)
- Leadership Award, USC Asian Pacific Alumni Association (2017)
- Recipient, Lifetime Achievement Award, Los Angeles Business Journal's Asian Business Awards (2016)
- Named, One of the Nation's Most Influential Minority Attorneys, Lawyers of Color (2014 and 2015)