Don has developed a comprehensive background in employment litigation and counseling involving all forms of employment discrimination and whistleblowing claims, wage and hour issues, individual and class action employee benefits (ERISA) claims, and noncompetition agreements through his defense of a wide range of commercial and academic entities in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York and Connecticut. He has particular expertise in the financial services industry, defending Fortune 100 banks and brokerage houses in high-stakes bonus/executive compensation litigation before federal and state courts, as well as before FINRA.
- Villanova University School of Law, 1986, J.D.
- Columbia University, 1983, B.A., Psychology
- New Jersey
- State Supreme Court - New Jersey
- State Supreme Court - Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court - District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- New Jersey Bar Association – Executive Committee Member, Labor and Employment Section. The NJ Top Legal Minds list is issued by New Jersey Monthly. A description of the selection methodology can be found at njmonthly.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association. The Top Employment Defense Firms list is issued by Law360. A description of the selection methodology can be found at law360.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society – Trustee and Labor Counsel
- Eden School for Autism – Labor Counsel
- Past Editor-in-Chief, The New Jersey Labor Letter, 1999-2004
- New Jersey’s Top Legal Minds, Inside New Jersey, 2012, 2013
- Top 5 Employment Defense Firms of 2009, Employment Law 360
- New Jersey Bar Association/Labor and Employment Section – Chair, Jury Instructions Committee (2011-present)
- New Jersey Bar Association/Labor and Employment Section – Co-Chair, Ethics Committee (2005-2011)