Alex’s areas of practice are complex commercial litigation and securities regulatory work.
In terms of complex commercial litigation, Alex regularly handles shareholders' disputes, minority shareholders' actions and derivative actions against listed companies, and claims by and against financial institutions involving shares, structured derivatives products and/or ISDA swap transactions.
- Recognised by Chambers Asia Pacific, Dispute Resolution: Litigation (2010 -2016)
- 2016: “Alex Kaung has a broad disputes practice, representing clients in shareholder, probate, insolvency and defamation litigation, as well as on judicial reviews. He maintains a solid reputation among his peers.”
- Recognised by Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, Hong Kong, Regulatory (2013-2017)
- Recognised by Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, Hong Kong, Dispute Resolution: Litigation (2013-2017)
- University of Hong Kong, 1995, Postgraduate Certificate in Laws
- University College London, 1994, LL.B.
- Hong Kong
- England and Wales
- Member of Law Society of Hong Kong
- Member of Law Society of England and Wales
- Mandarin Chinese