Patrick joined Reed Smith in 1999 after the firm combined with Hazel & Thomas, P.C. Patrick is a member of the firm's Global Commercial Disputes Group in our Richmond office. Patrick's practice focuses on representation of school boards, other public bodies, health care providers, insurance companies and managed care entities, and commercial litigation.
- University of Richmond School of Law, 1969, LL.B.
- Belmont Abbey College, 1966, A.B., History
- American Bar Association
- John Marshall American Inn of Court – Board of Directors
- Local Government Attorneys Association – Board of Directors
- National School Boards Association’s Council of School Attorneys – Board of Directors
- Richmond Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association – Former Member, Committee on Labor Relations
- Virginia Bar Association – Former Chairman, Employment Law and Administrative Law Committee (1977-79)
- Virginia Council of School Attorneys – Member and Former President (1988-89)
- Named as one of America's leading Education Law attorneys in The Best Lawyers in America (2008-2016 editions). The Best Lawyers lists, representing 80 specialties in all 50 states and Washington, D.C., are compiled through an exhaustive peer-review survey in which thousands of the top lawyers in the United States confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
- Selected by Virginia Business Magazine as "Legal Elite" in 2010 - Civil Litigation.
29 June 2015 "Judge gives Stafford parents time to hone redistricting case" The Free Lance-Star