Kari has extensive international experience in building businesses and managing global commercial, legal, and compliance risks and is the Global Co-head of the FinTech group. For almost 20 years, Kari has represented clients in US and EU regulatory, legislative, risk management, compliance, internal control and transactional matters related to exchange and over-the-counter commodities, options, and derivatives markets, with a particular focus on cryptocurrencies, digital assets, energy, agricultural and environmental commodities. She is considered a leading strategic advisor to businesses regarding the development of profitable inventive products, including FinTech and RegTech innovations, while navigating complex regulatory regimes.
- American University, 1998, J.D., magna cum laude
- Binghamton University, State University of New York, 1995, B.A.
- New York
- District of Columbia
- 25 January 2018 "Switzerland embraces cryptocurrency culture," Financial Times
- 3 January 2018 “Pension Funds Could Trade Bitcoin Futures Now. Why Aren’t They?” Bloomberg Law, Pension & Benefits Daily
- 24 November 2017 "ICO regulation inconsistent as cryptocurrency bubble fears grow - US scrutiny of cryptocurrency offerings could mean criminal penalties are looming" Financial Times
- 24 April 2017 "'Smart Contracts' Demand Sharper Tech Skills From Lawyers, Experts Say" New Jersey Law Journal
- 30 January 2017 "Everything You Need to Know About RegTech" Bloomberg BNA
- 22 June 2016 "Fintech spawns Regtech to automate compliance with regulations" Bloomberg BNA