Harvey advises pension fund trustees, public companies, financial institutions, and private investors in resolving complex disputes involving fiduciary responsibilities. He currently serves as fiduciary, investment and litigation counsel to some of the largest public pension funds in California, including the California State Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS), the California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS), the New Mexico Public Employees Retirement Association, the retirement systems of Alameda, Contra Costa, Fresno, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Stanislaus and Santa Barbara Counties and two systems for each of the Cities of Los Angeles and San José. He is also investment counsel to the Washington State Investment Board and the South Carolina Retirement System Investment Commission.
- Columbia University School of Law, 1972, J.D.
- Case Western Reserve University, 1969, B.A.
- American University, 1968, Government Studies, Honors
- All State and Federal Courts - California
- Top 100 Lawyers in California, The Daily Journal, 2012 and 2013
- Top 25 Municipal Lawyers in California, The Daily Journal, 2011-2013
- Selected to the Northern California Super Lawyers list for State/Local/Municipal Law, 2006-2019
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Litigation - Bankruptcy, 2010-2020