Miao is a dual-qualified lawyer in both the P.R.C. and England and Wales. She obtained two Master’s degrees in maritime law in Dalian Maritime University （the P.R.C.） and University of Southampton (the U.K.). She also completed her doctoral degree in insurance law in University of Southampton.
Her practice focuses on international arbitration and dispute resolution, particularly in dry and wet shipping disputes, trade disputes, shipbuilding (including offshore construction) disputes and insurance coverage disputes. She regularly represented clients in London High Court litigation and arbitration cases in the main arbitration centres such as London, Singapore and Hong Kong.
- University of Southampton, 2012, Ph.D.,
- University of Southampton, 2007, LL.M.
- Dalian Maritime University, 2007, LL.M.
- Dalian Maritime University, 2003, Bachelor of Economics
- England and Wales
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales
- Member of the Law Society of Hong Kong