Robert is an associate in the Complex Litigation practice group. Robert has experience representing clients in both state and federal court, as well as various arbitration forums, at both the trial and appellate level. Robert's litigation experience includes business contract disputes, consumer law claims, financial services litigation, commercial landlord/tenant litigation, labor and employment disputes and intellectual property rights. Robert regularly defends against claims brought under various consumer protection statutes including the FCRA, FDCPA, TCPA, TILA and related state law claims. Robert has extensive experience in matters concerning revolving credit accounts, auto loans, mortgages and other consumer financial products. Robert also represents clients before administrative bodies and specifically assists clients in the alcoholic beverage industry navigate the filing and regulatory requirement of the Virginia Board of Alcohol Beverage Control, the Federal Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau and other state or federal agencies. Prior to attending law school and joining Reed Smith, Robert spent two years at Accenture as an information technology and business strategy consultant where he worked on development and implementation of software solutions for Accenture's clients.
- University of Virginia School of Law, 2009, J.D.
- University of Virginia, 2004, B.S., Systems and Information Engineering
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Virginia
- Selected to the Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars list for Business Litigation in 2015 and 2016