Mike leads Reed Smith's Human Resources function globally. His team is based primarily at the Global Customer Center in Pittsburgh and in Reed Smith’s London office, but he also has team members in most of Reed Smith’s offices. His primary area of day-to-day responsibility focuses on various legal personnel matters and initiatives globally -- including lateral hiring and performance reviews and compensation programs. Mike also serves as the senior Human Resources advisor to firm management on personnel and policy issues. He and his team also lead the design and implementation of strategic Human Resources initiatives. Prior to becoming Chief Human Resources Officer in 2002, Mike was a Reed Smith partner specializing in labor and employment law. He was a Reed Smith summer associate in 1982, and he joined Reed Smith out of law school in 1983.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 1983, J.D., cum laude, Staff member of The Tax Lawyer
- Williams College, 1979, B.A., magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court - District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar, Labor Law Section