Mike is Reed Smith's Sr. Human Resources Advisor. In that capacity he provides senior HR advice to firm management globally. From January 2002 through February 2018, he served as Reed Smith’s first Chief Human Resources Officer. Prior to becoming Chief Human Resources Officer, Mike was a Reed Smith partner specializing in labor and employment law. He was a Reed Smith summer associate in 1982, and he joined Reed Smith as an associate directly following graduation from law school in 1983.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 1983, J.D., cum laude, Staff member of The Tax Lawyer
- Williams College, 1979, B.A., magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court - District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar, Labor Law Section