Peter focuses his practice on regulatory, compliance and transactional matters relating to commodities, derivatives, and securities products regulated by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Georgetown University Law Center, 2002, LL.M.
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 1996, J.D., with Distinction
- California State University, Sacramento, 1992, M.A.
- District of Columbia
- DC Steering Committee for Corporation, Finance and Securities Law, 2019-2022
- DC Bar Committee on Futures and Derivatives – Chairman
- Recognized in the 2021 edition of Best Lawyers and the inaugural “Ones to Watch” awards
- Ranked in Chambers Global for USA Capital Markets: Derivatives and USA Capital Markets: Derivatives: Mainly Regulatory, 2020-2021
- Ranked in Chambers USA for Nationwide Capital Markets: Derivatives, including the Mainly Regulatory Spotlight table, 2016-2020
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Derivatives and Futures Law, 2020-2021
- 13 February 2019 Giancarlo’s last stand: the race to complete SEF reforms, Risk.net