Elizabeth provides firmwide support to the Business & Finance and Litigation Departments - concentrating in credit card accounts, mortgages and other consumer financial products litigation involving claims under TILA, RESPA, HAMP, FCRA, FDCPA, TCPA and consumer protection laws in multiple states. She also assists with due diligence reviews for various clients. For two years, Elizabeth has been seconded to a Fortune 25 financial services client as in-house counsel, and in that capacity, she manages a large portfolio of litigated matters from inception through resolution. This entails developing legal strategy, directing outside counsel, interfacing with numerous client decision-makers, and adhering to applicable legal mandates and company policies. This valuable experience gives her the perspective of in-house counsel and assists her providing client service.
Civic and Charitable Affiliations
- Society for Preservation of Duquesne Heights Incline – Board of Directors (2008-present); Secretary; Executive Committee; Audit and Compliance Committee
- Junior League of Pittsburgh – Sustainer; Fund Development Director (2005-2007); Board of Directors (2005-2007)
- Alpha Omicron Pi – Pittsburgh Area Alumnae Chapter
- Louisiana State University Law Center, 1984, J.D.
- University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, 2002, MPA (Masters of Public Administration)
- University of Louisiana at Monroe, 1980, B.A., Legal Studies, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- State Supreme Court - Pennsylvania
- All State Courts - Pennsylvania
- All State Courts - Louisiana
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association – Member (since 1985)
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association – Former member and editor and writer for The Side Bar, quarterly news magazine
- Judge Albert M. Tate American Inns of Court, Lake Charles, Louisiana (1998-2000)