Jesse is an experienced trial lawyer. He counsels and represents clients in all phases of litigation and in their efforts to avoid the substantial burdens imposed by litigation. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, business disputes and employment litigation. He has significant experience handling false claims act matters, trade secret and non-compete litigation, the defense of claims of unfair competition, including claims arising under California Business and Professions Code Section 17200, and statutory discrimination claims. Jesse has also defended businesses in consumer class action matters, including a current putative class action involving the California Automobile Sales Finance Act. Jesse began his legal career at the San Francisco District Attorney’s office, and he has substantial first-chair experience in the courtroom, arbitrations and before administrative panels.
Jesse was recently featured in Bloomberg Big Law in an article on "Balancing Military Command with an AmLaw 50 Partnership".
- 27 March 2013 "After Iraq, Lawyers Discuss the Way Forward" The Am Law Daily
- 14 September 2012 "Pro Bono Achievers: Reed Smith," The Recorder
- 22 February 2008 "Casualties of War," The New York Lawyer (also published in the The American Lawyer 1 July 2008)
- U.S. Army War College, 2015, Master of Strategic Studies
- George Washington University Law School, 1996, J.D.
- George Washington University, 1996, M.A., Elliott School of International Affairs
- Bates College, 1992, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Central District of California
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of California
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court - District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court - District of Puerto Rico
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- National Infantry Association