Jesse is an experienced trial lawyer and member of the Global Commercial Disputes Group. Jesse’s clients know him to be a fierce competitor, strategic thinker, and loyal advisor who understands their business drivers. With his significant leadership experience in the U.S. Army, Jesse provides his clients a unique perspective and skill-set.
Jesse counsels his clients in all phases of litigation and in their efforts to avoid the substantial burdens imposed by litigation. Jesse has substantial first-chair experience in the courtroom and at arbitration. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, business disputes, and class action defense. He also has deep experience handling employment and false claims litigation. And Jesse has successfully led teams in fast-moving cases involving theft of trade secrets, non-competes and unfair competition, including claims arising under California Business and Professions Code Section 17200.
- U.S. Army War College, 2015, Master of Strategic Studies
- George Washington University Law School, 1996, J.D.
- George Washington University, 1996, M.A., Elliott School of International Affairs
- Bates College, 1992, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Central District of California
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of California
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court - District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court - District of Puerto Rico
- Standing Committee on Veterans and Military Affairs, California State Bar
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- National Infantry Association & U.S. Cavalry and Armor Association
- 23 February 2017 "Balancing Military Command With an AmLaw 50 Partnership" Bloomberg Big Law Business
- 27 March 2013 "After Iraq, Lawyers Discuss the Way Forward" The Am Law Daily
- 14 September 2012 "Pro Bono Achievers: Reed Smith," The Recorder
- 22 February 2008 "Casualties of War," The New York Lawyer (also published in the The American Lawyer 1 July 2008)